Newsletter 38 CPTD POINTS
By visiting the website www.purpletod.co.za and actively participating you may earn a maximum of 32 CPTD POINTS ANNUALLY – over a three year cycle you may earn a maximum of 96 CPTD POINTS.
- Click on news and read/download selected educational articles and earn CPTD POINTS
- Click on resources and read/download selected educational resources and earn CPTD POINTS
- Click on history and read/download selected educational articles and earn CPTD POINTS
- Click on published and read/download selected educational articles and earn CPTD POINTS
- Click on videos - listen - learn and earn CPTD POINTS
TYPE 1 (TEACHER-INITIATED) PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (PD) ACTIVITIES
“Type 1 Activities/Programmes are also called “Teacher-Initiated” activities. In other words, these are the activities that are self-chosen. As a teacher, you will decide on your own to participate in them in order to address some of your identified professional development needs – thus taking responsibility for your own professional development…in order to equip yourself for changes that affect your life, career and professional work.
What Counts as Type 1 (Self-Chosen) PD Activity/Programme?
Type 1 PD activities/programmes, excluding full qualifications, short courses and 6 days and above activities carry pre-determined PD Points as reflected in the table in the next pages. The nature of these activities does not require that they be submitted to SACE for evaluation and endorsement purposes.”
Type 1 activities/programmes could also be based, amongst others, on personal/self-development, work integrated learning, on-the-job learning, and professional membership activities as follows:
EXAMPLES OF TYPE 1 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
EARNING OF PD POINTS
- Reading Educational Material from Various Publications and Sources (Such as publishers, teacher unions, print media, libraries, virtual libraries, resource centres, employers, professional associations, Higher Education Institutions, conferences, seminars, workshops, Internet/electronic sources, and others).
- Research Papers / Reports / Theses
- Education Information from webpage and others
- You need to read at least FOUR (4) educational articles out of the sources and examples listed above in order to earn 10 PD points per annum
- If you read TWO (2) educational articles out of the sources and examples listed above, you will earn 5 PD points
- Include evidence of what you have read in the PDP as well as how it contributed to your development.
Always remember that your reading should help you to develop professionally and should be focused and relevant to what you, as a teacher, are supposed to be doing. In other words, you will not be able to earn points for reading things that do not contribute to your professional development.
- Engaging in Electronic Media Educational Activities for 30 – 60 minutes (Such as, radio, television, broadcasting, virtual programme, computer, and others)
- Listening to educational programmes on radio/CD
- Viewing educational programmes on TV
- Participating in a PD Programme through live/recorded broadcast from a studio / webinars / telematics, online,
- Watching/Viewing educational DVD/Video
- Completing online self-diagnostic assessment on your own (without the involvement of the employers)
- You must engage with or participate in a total of at least 8 such educational activities per annum in order to earn 12 points per annum.
- If you participate in 4 activities per annum, you will earn 6 points per annum.
- If you participate in 2 activities per annum you will earn 3 points per annum.
- Include evidence of what you viewed or listened to where possible and, most importantly, reflect on how it contributed to your development in your PDP. These electronic media PD activities must add value to your professional development.
- If you have visited a website please indicate the web address, date and time visited
- Participating in Online Professional Development Activity for a period of 61 minutes and more
Please note that you will earn 10 PD Points per online PD activity you participate in