Newsletter 41 CPTD
SIGN-UP FOR CPTD
To best manage the CPTD processes at your school Principals may want to – Principals to please share this mail with that link person and the rest of the staff. Needs assessment forms can be send to SACE address in batch – please download and make a copy for each teacher to complete – say within the next TWO WEEKS – your cooperation is much appreciated. Principals will be responsible to record Type 2 activities on behalf of teachers – in order to do so the School Profile Form must be completed and send to SACE address – find the School CPTD Profile Form under SACE FORMS – SACE will then issue the school with a school log –in details (password and username).
The following contact details for your attention:
- Website www.sace.org.za
SOUTH AFRICAN COUNCIL FOR EDUCATORS (SACE)
PRIVATE BAG X127
CROSSWAY OFFICE PARK, BLOCK 1,
240 LENCHEN AVENUE
Tel: 086 1007 223
Fax : 012 663 9238 / 012 679 9726
Tel: 012 663 9517 / 086 1007 223
- STEP 1 – Orientation – download presentation on SACE landing page The CPTD System is in its implementation phase with both the Principals/Deputies and Heads of Department having signed-up. For more information on CPTD System and Professional Development Portfolio please click on the links below: “CPTD system Presentation PL1 Orientation” & “Professional Development Points Schedule”
- STEP 2 – Sign-up – Go to SACE website and click on CPTD at the top of the SACE landing page and follow instructions (i) you can sign-up with either SACE number and/or ID (system prefer both) (ii) complete all compulsory fields (iii) don’t type in school name – click on “here”
- STEP 3 – System will give and send sms with username and password – LOG IN and complete your profile (qualifications, experience, subjects)
- STEP 4 – Go onto SACE website and upload your activities
- PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE CPTD PORTAL – NOTICE YOU CAN ELECTRONICALLY LOG A QUERY WRT CPTD
- STEP 5 – Go to SACE website – download the Professional Development Portfolio on landing page – complete in hard copy – DO NOT SEND PORTFOLIO OF EVIDENCE SACE (Keep for your record)
- STEP 6 – Go to SACE website – download the Needs Analysis Questionnaire – find it under SACE FORMS – complete in hard copy and send to SACE office.
Warm and sincere greetings
Selvin J Daniels
NB! – principals have come to the end of their first cycle (this year) and will be issued with a CPTD Certificate after an audit and verification of their CPTD account!