Newsletter 224 - Professionalizing Principalship Part 4
From all the documentation since 1970, a number of commonalities appear to be present, namely:
- A national qualification policy should direct and control the training of school principals
- compulsory training should be provided to school principals;
- the training and development of school principals should receive attention at both pre-service and in-service level;
- the professional development of school principals should be initiated and co-ordinated centrally by the Department of Education; and
- continuous pleas have been made since the 1970s for the training and in-service training of school principals in the RSA.
Nic Spaull once again shared with us a few of his favorite links – Accept our gratitude Nic